The Gift of Music is a community event which aims to get new and used instruments to children for the december holiday season, namely december 24th.
In simplicity it works like this:
- The community donate their un-used instruments
- Local Stores offer donated instruments
- The community fundraise to buy more instruments (Usually at a discount)
Families Apply To Enter and Are drawn at random based on the number of instruments we have available and they collect their instrument on Dec 24th.
Soupa Cafe, a Victoria BC Bistro.
Soupa Cafe started the Gift of Music in 2018, you can read the story here.
Today we are looking for other cities to join us, if you’d like to become a city host apply here.
All Instruments and monetary donations go to the cause. There are no paid positions, the event is entirely community driven.
All donated money goes towards:
- Buying New Instruments (Usually At a Great Discount)
- Buying small gifts so that siblings are not left out
- buying parts to repair instruments (We’re looking for a repair sponsor)
All donations must be made at our Just Giving Page.
We Do Not Accept Cash Donations.